Hi, I’m Shannah! It’s so nice to meet you!
I’m a modern day personal finance strategist that understands the need for the perfect combination of solid financial advice, all delivered with a few dashes of fun. Although my clients are varied, my heart belongs to entrepreneurs and small business owners.
As someone who founded and ran a successful national film festival while still in college, Hometown Cinema, Inc., I know first hand how important it is to understand and take control of your finances, both personally and professionally.
I graduated from Pepperdine University with an MBA and have my undergraduate degree from Indiana University. (Yes, I witnessed a few legendary basketball games coached by the infamous Bobby Knight. Go Hoosiers!)
I’m the Principal at Shannah L. Compton, CFP®, MBA, a California Registered Investment Advisory Firm. In 2011, I became a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER Professional, joining a small list of fellow CFP’s across the U.S. I honestly never imagined that I would know my way around an HP calculator as I do now.
Here are a few of my achievements over the years:
- Named a CFP Board Ambassador in 2014
- Lecturer in Finance at Cal State University Northridge helping students master their money
- Won an “Outstanding Young Californian Award”, and a “40 Under 40” award
- Host of popular Millennial Money podcast show
- Featured contributor to many articles online and in print talking about millennials and money
Want to work with or contact me? Email me here, or call 310-593-0932